Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Tatsur0 Offline

Team Coordinator
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Tatsur0
Default Contagion Revealed!

Hey all,
I know it's been sometime since last we updated you on Zombie Panic: Source's progress and today we had plans to do just that, but because of some confusion and a bar fight it will have to wait till next weekend. I'll even toss in a video But instead of leaving you with nothing, I have some incredible news to share with you since it was our biggest fans who inspired Monochrome LLC's newest project -

Contagion is a spiritual successor to the hottest Half-Life 2 mod since 2008, Zombie Panic: Source. Eugene and Marcus, icons of the mod return to do what they do best - Survive and stomp out any undead that may cross their path. Contagion will be a story driven, atmospheric experience, throwing you into the middle of a zombie outbreak with a focus on survival. As the player you will not have the luxury of a suitcase of ammo and a trolley to carry along your weapon stash.

Contagion guarantees not to be your average zombie game and will pit you against unique and terrifying enemies, new features, a variety of new weapons to choose from, and a powerful soundtrack that promises to completely immerse the player in the world we've built.

We would like to thank our incredibly loyal community for all their support and point out that it was because of a large number of enthusiastic ZP:S players who asked us to work on a Single Player version that inspired us to move forward with this project. We would also like to thank Valve, who've shown both mod and indie developers a generous amount of support and it is with our trust in them and their ever changing engine that we'll be developing Contagion on the Source Engine. We're also excited to announce that we will be looking for playtesters to test our existing alpha build soon.

We're sure you have many questions to ask or you are interested in learning more so please visit our forums -here-

-Monochrome LLC

Old 08-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Tatsur0 Offline

Team Coordinator
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Tatsur0

Right away I would like to point out that there are 2 separate teams working on both ZPS and Contagion. ZPS is being worked on for free and both Erik (KillahMo) and I are still working on ZPS while another team under NDA and CA are working on Contagion. ZPS is not dead

Tats...
Old 08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Gothic Offline
Veteran Member
Playtester

Send a message via ICQ to Gothic Send a message via AIM to Gothic Send a message via MSN to Gothic Send a message via Yahoo to Gothic Send a message via Skype™ to Gothic

Oh god this is sweet! Very shocked and supprised about this. what engine does it use tats?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
esJ Offline

Contagion is being developed on Source.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Nathan Karmios Offline
Civilian

Wait wait, your making a zombie FPS?

IM VERY CONFUSED!

Let's animate. *Opens 3DS Max and uses some stuff to make it move!*
Old 08-06-2010, 05:08 PM
problems Offline
Civilian

Loving it! Looks good, guns seem more realistic as well with the zombies.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Wazanator Offline
Contributor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Karmios View Post
Wait wait, your making a zombie FPS?

IM VERY CONFUSED!
Contagion is an indie game being developed for the source engine. I've been told to think of it as the next step for zps (one in which you pay for).

I for one can not wait for its release and am eagerly awaiting a pre order button. (hope its on steam or desura)

Map tutorials
I walk into a bar and say "Hey baby, i make levels on hammer" and i never go home alone
-Earkham

Last edited by Wazanator : 08-06-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Comeback Offline
Zombie Master

I don't like knowing that my fiance's dog is going to become a part of the zombie apocalypse.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Some_weirdGuy Offline
Privileged Member

i think i'll reply to this here seen as the zps thread has more activity than the monochrome forum:

Looks cool, very nice work.

However i have to ask, will it actually look that good in game? or will the quality be lowered for performance reasons or whatever.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
EArkham Offline
Contributor
Veteran Member

This is looking very slick, very nice.

Is it solely single player or single player + multiplayer?

Kep