Old 02-22-2008, 02:55 PM
frikazoyd Offline
Retired Developer

Send a message via AIM to frikazoyd
Default New feature FAQ

This thread will contain posts about the features that are currently in game, and what the various icons mean.

Why am I so slow? (AKA, How the fatigue system works)

By this point, I'm sure you've noticed that you slow down over time. This is the new fatigue system at work. The idea is to bring out the zombie advantage of undeath: They may be slower than you, but they don't get tired.

In short, here is how the system works:
  1. Running around takes "stamina". You have a set amount of stamina, represented in the top left of the screen by the bars to the left of the running man.
  2. Standing still is like "resting", and restores stamina at a quick rate. Walking is less intensive than running, and therefore restores stamina, but at a slower rate.
  3. You have a few seconds of "free" stamina, since you don't get tired instantly when running in real life. In game, this means you will not start slowing down until two of the bars have depleted.
  4. Panicking gives you a few seconds of "panic stamina", meaning a temporary speed boost and restoration of stamina. Be careful though, it wears off quickly, and you cannot panic very often.

Why did that guy turn green in zombie vision? (AKA, how the infection system works)
I think you all pretty well understand how infection works, but here it is from the zombie's standpoint. Just to make sure there are as few questions as possible.
  1. Only the "Carrier" can infect survivors. It occurs randomly, and cannot be controlled in any way by the carrier. It just happens.
  2. When you infect someone, they will immediately turn green in zombie vision. They will not know they have been infected however, until about 30 seconds later.
  3. You will get a "kill" point if the person you infected lets the infection set in and actually turns without being killed or committing suicide.

Why did my health cross just turn into a blood splat? (AKA, infection from the survivor's point of view)
Now, a quick overview of infection from the survivor's perspective.
  1. If you are infected, the first indication you get is that the screen suddenly turns black for a brief second, a sound plays, and the health cross turns into a splat icon.
  2. Once you realize you are infected, other survivors can kill you. And they get a point for it, too. So if you intend on sabotaging the survivor team, keep quiet about your infection.
  3. Once you turn, you will lose all weapons and will turn immediately. Zombie vision will turn on automatically.

What does ZPO in the map name mean? (AKA, how objective mode works.)
  1. Humans win by completing the objective. Zombies win by stopping the humans.
  2. Humans cannot win by killing all the zombies in this round. There are an infinite number of zombie lives in this mode.
  3. At present, there is no easy way to inform users of the current objectives. This will probably change soon.

Why is one of the zombie's names orange on the scoreboard?
This is a new feature that indicates that a person is the carrier. So if you are the carrier, your nick will be orange on the scoreboard.

How the heck does all this barricading get done so fast?
  1. As a human, you can "push" an object around. To do this, simply holster your weapon and press alternate fire (right click by default). This will "push" an object further than you would normally push it by just hitting it with a melee weapon.
  2. As a zombie, you have a slightly stronger and more frequently usable push. Simply alternate fire (again, right click by default) at any time and you will push barricade items around.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Brain Food Offline
Survivor

so u can kill an infected survivor if u are a survivor? wow thats one feature that i didnt know was in the game. Shame its not easy to tell who is infected or not as a survivor though.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:43 PM
frikazoyd Offline
Retired Developer

Send a message via AIM to frikazoyd

Note that this is NOT A SUGGESTION THREAD.

I will be deleting all suggestions that show up in this thread. The only things that will be left are questions, and I will answer them if they aren't already in the thread.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
PuddingTame Offline
Civilian

This game is starting to look real good now. Anyways a couple questions just to be sure and I haven't played the new patch yet. Work has been nuts for me.

Does carrying weapons fatigue you quicker, or/and still just slow you down all together? And can infected people kill survivors?, for example shooting them before they turn lol
Old 03-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Comeback Offline
Zombie Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingTame View Post
This game is starting to look real good now. Anyways a couple questions just to be sure and I haven't played the new patch yet. Work has been nuts for me.

Does carrying weapons fatigue you quicker, or/and still just slow you down all together? And can infected people kill survivors?, for example shooting them before they turn lol
Fatigue loss is always the same. The more you carry, the slower you go. And I think you meant "Can survivors kill the infected before they turn", and thats a yes.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
PuddingTame Offline
Civilian

Oh no I still meant can infected kill survivors? For an example, his old buddies starting shooting at him because he's gonna turn, can he shoot back and defend himself? Or perhaps just blasting on people all of sudden.

Last edited by PuddingTame : 03-05-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Comeback Offline
Zombie Master

No, thats not on the game.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Bill Braski Offline
Donor

Regarding infected survivors, if zombie respawns are at 0 and the last zombie has been killed, will the round end like usual, or will it drag on until either the infected person is turned and then killed?
"Did I ever tell you about the time Braski went hunting? Braski decides he's going to hunt down all four of the Banana Splits. He stalks and kills every one of them with a machette. They all begged for their lives...except Fleagle."
Old 03-22-2008, 01:01 PM
ScHiZo Offline
Contributor
Veteran Member

The game waits till every last zombie is dead to end the round, which includes those in the stages of becoming a zombie as well.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
jagex9000 Offline
Civilian

Do any of the weapon have a alt-fire or is it just use'd for pushing stuff?