Old 12-19-2016, 08:28 AM
L'o'M:Fun"ReaveR Offline
Civilian

Get out #1

Last edited by L'o'M:Fun"ReaveR : 02-19-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Civilian

Get out #2

Last edited by L'o'M:Fun"ReaveR : 02-19-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:52 AM
Civilian

Get out with your D&D #3

Last edited by L'o'M:Fun"ReaveR : 02-19-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:19 AM
Civilian

Ok, this list is trashed. Whatever, like I wrote it for someone.
Everything made up to a design list with 620KB in it.
Maybe one day it will shoot better and will flash like a star.
One day...

Last edited by L'o'M:Fun"ReaveR : 03-18-2017 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:17 AM
KaempeLaeske Offline
Developer

We do watch these forums, too!

First of all, I'd like to say that we appreciate all the effort you're putting into these notes. While there's a lot of cool ideas being thrown around, a lot of it is simply too complex for ZP!S. It's charm is the fact that the game is relatively simple from a design perspective but then allows real players to shape the game. Adding a ton of classes, items, powerups, bot gamemodes would add depth to the game, yes, but it would also limit the influence that players could have on the game.

This is a bit tricky to explain but the way I see it is this;
  1. ZP!S has simple mechanics. Players are on an even footing, relatively, all the time.
  2. The simple mechanics and relatively even footing forces players to develop tactics, skills, knowledge and other tricks in order to trick out their opponent. This is where ZP!S gets its incredible replay value - through the cleverness of the human mind.
  3. More mechanics, classes and items ruin the even footing between players, and it adds a lot more options to what players can do. That is of course not a bad thing, but it means that you're less likely to see people play using their head and instead more likely to see people just playing to whatever strength their class/item has.

This, in my opinion, would make ZPS just like every other game. Most want to hold your hand, set up very distinct paths for you take and play in, where ZP!S drops you in the middle of it all and allows for your mind to think up the best approach to a given situation.

This doesn't change the fact that ZP!S is obivously still in a beta state. It needs content and depth added to it, but not through a ton of new classes and items - What we are looking to do is expand upon the mechanics and designs already present, without limiting how players play the game.

I think you also defeat the purpose of these notes a bit with their tedious length. It's unlikely that anyone has the patience to read through all this and digest it. Condensing your ideas down to keywords or small sentences makes it a lot easier for readers to understand and substract your points from the notes.

I like the idea of melee swings taking stamina - this could potentially be used to nerf melee weapons. Keep at it!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:56 AM
Civilian

They are called "Senseless" not for better word...

a) This post is out-dated and trashed

b) The only tactic I should use right now:
Press F2
Take in mind which map I play and use one always working meta for it.

You have replay ability when you're newbie. New stuff and features.
Off to a good start of ragequitting when some "veterans"-alike slap your button over and over with same things till you become a "veteran"-alike. Or get an aimbot for revolver, that works too.

c) TRASHED list = TRASHED opinion

Being relatively simple sometimes means that you can win relatively simple 100% if you have experience.
Being newbie at that situation leads to ragequit.

It's just impossible to have all of that in ZP!:S due to it being a "classy" horror game.
(Yeah, non-infectious zombies with snowflakey infectious carrier)

As for making ZP:S! like every other game...

Pfff... Trashed list= trashed opinion

Saying that this thread just got TRASHED !

I created these notes to tease myself or kill someone in-game who tries to pretend that they have better idea of where this game should go.

But I made it read-able, as you like or pretend to.

And yes, players are never on even footing from game's balance perspective.
And never be.

P.F.S. This whole thread just got Hardly trashed.

P.P.F.S. And if you want my opinion on some ideas you might have a better way to spew one by yourself for me to see what you can think of. Maybe we're from different planets to get handle >

Last edited by L'o'M:Fun"ReaveR : 03-18-2017 at 01:10 AM.