Go Back   Zombie Panic Forums > Zombie Panic General > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2009, 01:28 AM
RyanEricW Offline
Civilian

No need for this...

Last edited by RyanEricW : 02-08-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: No need for this...
Old 02-08-2009, 03:43 AM
WatchMaker Offline
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanEricW View Post
I love how you guys do all this work and it only gets WAY imbalanced. Perhaps you should take a step back as developers and use your head, because it seems you have lost the sense to interpret balanced from imbalanced.
Perhaps you have just not been lurking long enough, or perhaps you've just made 'ignorance' your own personal choice, but we've answered every one of your complaints a hundred times and again. So, rather than making a post like this that makes you look rather ridiculous, investigate some already existing topics on your "points" before hand.

Quote:
Instead of just adding weapons and all this ~~~~ for survivors, you need to understand how it works paired with other weapons and teamplay. When players are zombies, it is a rarity among servers for people to actually work together. Nor can you force people to work together, so this translates to pure slaughter when you have a group of survivors camping a rooftop, or somewhere high.
We want survivors that don't use teamwork to get slaughtered, soo.... mission accomplished? Glad you've shared your thoughts with us.

Naw, the Carrier didn't hit me... Come closer.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Cryptic Denizen Offline
Survivor

either way, I hear the developers are douche bags from what some guy named, ''Bopop'' told me on ZPS last night. I dont know if its true thoue. He also said, sence he talks to you guys alot, you reject great ideas and add in ~~~~ty ones.

Im not saying this, ''Bopop'' is, hes a mapper from what he has told me. He has made like idk 15 to 20 maps.

un quote bopop
-----------------------------
I think the game is pretty cool, and it would be funny and cool to add a slow movie but strong zombie that weilds a medival axe and swings it. and the zombie can also do a hulk smash.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Suhov Offline
Survivor

Quote:
Not to mention zombies can't see in the dark at all even with "zombie vision".
I think it's because normal Zombie Vision is disabled since 1.3 and we have to use "Cheap zombie vision".
Old 02-08-2009, 04:54 AM
RyanEricW Offline
Civilian

No need for this...

Old 02-08-2009, 05:12 AM
v3rtigo Offline
Veteran Member

He's right in the sense that more powerful weapons = better ability to kill zombies on your own, though you still end up as dead meat if they swarm you. Problem is, with two or three people, the attacking power is also multiplied. Add the fact that weapons seem to be packing more punch each update... I can't say I agree with the direction this mod appears to be going.

However, the zombies are getting spruced up some time soon as well, though I'd personally would rather just have less powerful survivors.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:41 AM
WatchMaker Offline
Contributor

Quote:
Survivors than don't work together now have a better chance of succession. If you fail to see this, then you haven't the right train of thought to even work on this mod.
I'm curious as to how you've come to this conclusion, elaborate.

Quote:
The only thing ridiculous is your lack of respect.
You better believe I don't respect those who attack what we've made with no other reason than "Bawww, I don't like playing as zombie. " The game isn't supposed to be 50/50 wins for Survivors and Zombies. The game is HARD. It will remain this way, regardless of what you want it to be.

Quote:
This game is being ruined and you sit here acting as if I'm the bad guy. Listen and perhaps the game would be better.
You're aware the Zombie Panic: Source Development Team has set out to make a game WE enjoy, right? So, please, explain how it's 'ruined' when we still enjoy it?

Quote:
I'm just the one who is relaying the information from tons fo players I've played with. If you guys want to be ignorant and not listen then your mod will fail and many will be disappointed. The way gameplay is set up at this moment, people absolute HATE being zombies now. Before, people would not mind, but it's become worse over time, and with that in mind, many people quit often, and sometimes even server slots are not as full as before.
Oh no! Our mod is failing! We're only the top played mod on steam, getting thousands of unique views on our website everyday! I guess we're doing something wrong, and must immediately listen this guy who clearly knows what works in the development process. I'm so glad he's here to save the mod with his clearly unbiased 'crucial critsizm.

How about this. Rather than coming in here and expressing how much you don't like recent changes in a post that's nothing short of being typed in tears, you simply point out what you don't like, why, and a good reason for changing it back. That in itself is a hundred times more respectful and useful than simply telling us that we're "ruining" the mod we've set out to make.

So far, all you've accomplished is insulting the dev team, the mod, the community, and effectively ruining your status as a decent source of criticism in any future posts you share with us.

Naw, the Carrier didn't hit me... Come closer.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Jetty Offline
Survivor

Thumbs down

Quote:
people absolute HATE being zombies now.
I stopped caring about your opinion when I read this. You fail.
Like Lightning.
Like Ice.

I am never alone.
I am Jetty.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:07 AM
RyanEricW Offline
Civilian

No need for this...

Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Jetty Offline
Survivor

Exclamation

Quote:
and from the updates you keep doing there's always something new to be fixed or changed.
Yes. Because, Unlike you, the devs are making a mod, not complaining about one. Once you have modded a game for yourself, you will see very differently, kid "Grow up and open your eyes."
Like Lightning.
Like Ice.

I am never alone.
I am Jetty.