#1  
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Tabajara 7.7's Avatar
Tabajara 7.7 Offline
Playtester
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 358
Send a message via MSN to Tabajara 7.7
Default Cvar for Auto-Infection

Well i'm here to talk about this new feature that is pissing off a couple of persons in ZPS :

Quote:
+ Added infection to random player when there's not enough zombies.
After 3 months, this feature has your pros and cons. People saying that this help ZPs with the ragers that the round don't restart, but select a "random" survivor to put in the zombie team.
But from some people words, this hasn't been totally "random". People saying that was select to be zombie more than 2~3 times in the same map to replace the rager zombie(s) and that people starting to don't like this feature which was supposed to satisfy the players.
Most of the suggestions is to creat a rcon (CVAR) for this feature.

For example the feature about late players joing in the round :

Quote:
+ Added cvar to control latejoining: mp_latejointim
Why not put a cvar for this feature of auto-infection, that put this command in the hands of the owner of the server.

And maybe, check this "random" system to select better other players.

Thank you for your time. Waiting feedback.

Last edited by Tabajara 7.7 : 11-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Sammy-ROCK! Offline

ZPS Team Lead
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.
Posts: 1,594
Default

It's random and from being random there's a chance someone can be picked again.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Wazanator's Avatar
Wazanator Offline
Developer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In your house
Posts: 4,727
Default

I personally see no reason why we couldn't add a cvar. I can understand the frustration it brings and why some might not want ragequit infection, after all you are pretty much punishing someone who did nothing wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy-ROCK! View Post
It's random and from being random there's a chance someone can be picked again.
That doesn't exactly answer the question on whether they can have a cvar or not to enable/disable
__________________

Map tutorials
I walk into a bar and say "Hey baby, i make levels on hammer" and i never go home alone
-Earkham
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
[EZF] Cushycush's Avatar
[EZF] Cushycush Offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 115
Default

ya would be nice if there is a way to turn it off for those who don't prefer it.

Personally I enjoy it, however it can be frustrating when you go zombie the next round.

Talked about this earlier, if there is a way to "mark" players who get autochosen or simply who has started zombie in any round, so they won't be chosen zombies more than once.
__________________
Cushycush likes cushy pandas.

Retired Clan Leader
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 AM
xerox8521 Offline
Civilian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Next to the Survivor
Posts: 49
Default

+1

It happens to me very often that someone ragequitts and im getting selected to get infected -.- A cvar would be really helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Tabajara 7.7's Avatar
Tabajara 7.7 Offline
Playtester
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 358
Send a message via MSN to Tabajara 7.7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy-ROCK! View Post
It's random and from being random there's a chance someone can be picked again.
The problem is this system hasn't been soo much "random".

You have 70% chance to be infected again, 30% for other random person than you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2012, 07:45 PM
BestProfileName Offline
Civilian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Excellent idea, Tabajara. Quite a few people have suggested that option.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style by © Mathew Summerfield
All Zombie Panic related images and material © Monochrome